Remaining competitive in the restaurant industry can be challenging with the recent turn of world events. If you’re not on the right track your business would likely be left out. The food industry is one of the oldest forms of business and is densely populated with about 15 million restaurants globally according to thewebminer. Restaurants have been forced to roll along with the ever-changing scheme to stay competitive. There are now new technologies for restaurants, new ways of doing business, and new consumer habits.
By adopting these new consumer habits, and utilizing new technology, restaurants have all of the tools they need to stay competitive in this rapidly shifting restaurant landscape. Here are some guides to follow in other to be competitive.
It is no news that the world is evolving and digitalization is the new trend that businesses must adapt to thrive and remain competitive. It has helped in almost every aspect of our day-to-day restaurant businesses from ordering online, paying with mobile phones, scanning QR codes for a menu, restaurant software and a ton of other take outs, which are just a part of dining out now.
However, there are many ways to bring digital technology into your restaurant business. Here are a few ideas:
Enrollment in this software is literally all the technology your restaurant needs. Waive Menu is an all-in-one management software built for restaurants. It is very effective and easy to use. It simplifies all your operations with everything you need to manage your growing business and have the time to plan.
The features include and are not limited to – staff and coupon management, payroll, email automation, menu management, QR code generation, order processing and payment collection solutions.
- Use online delivery
In our digitalized world where everyone is mobile, customers now prefer using online delivery which is less stressful and easy to use.
Consider partnering with a reliable service like:
With Wave, you have access to its mobile app service which enables you to showcase your restaurant to all its users and also its delivery services. It is fast and reliable with a means of tracking your order.
2. Market your restaurant
As you put in a lot of effort creating a perfect meal and crafting wonderful experiences for your guests. You should also market it to reach out to prospects. Your restaurant can exist far beyond its four walls. With the right marketing strategies, you have unfettered access to more customers—make sure you use it.
To remain competitive you should try out these marketing tips ;
- Set up social media accounts
- Email Marketing
- Prioritize Branding
- Create campaigns
Marketing helps create brand awareness, boost revenue and bring new clients. This is what you should concurrently do.
Collaboration is key to many businesses and is important in running competitive restaurant businesses. It should not be downplayed as it helps fill seats on slower nights and bring in new revenue streams by attracting new customers.
Here are reasons why you should think of collaboration;
- It motivates and train your staffs
- Increase of revenue
- It markets your restaurant
- It enhances customer experience and increases loyalty
According to Omar Shihab, the founding general manager of Boca restaurant in Dubai. Here is how to create a perfect collaboration below:
- To find sponsors and collaborators, have lots of conversations with lots of brands, chefs and bartenders, and then connect the dots.
- Follow the business chain to see who’s launching products that you can promote through your restaurant – that’s a good start.
- Everyone must get something out of it. Establish what your collaborators need, as well as your own needs before you collaborate.
- Collaborations must have meaning – work with partners who share your ethos, vision and style of work, and develop a specific message for the event.
4. Improved quality of service
Every customer has some preconceived expectations about a restaurant before they visit it. People love to be regaled nicely and respected. It is the duty of the Restaurant’s owners, managers, and employees, to all, share the responsibility of ensuring that the customers are treated professionally. To attain an improved quality of service your restaurant should adhere to the following;
- Train employees for an excellent customer service
- Encourage effective communication between staff members
- Ensure accurate wait timings
- Deal With customer’s complaints and concerns
- Maintain hygiene and cleanliness in your restaurant
- Offer diverse payment options
- Appreciate and reward loyalty
- Use technology for better restaurant service
To remain competitive and thrive in this rapidly changing industry, It is also highly recommended to always be on track with the latest trends and follow up with our blog posts for more updates.